B. H. Meyers, president and treasurer of the B. H. Meyers Company, has the oldest and largest business in monument and tile work in Racine, the steady development of his trade bringing him a substantial income which places him among the representative business men of the city and one whose interests contribute to public prosperity as well as to individual success. He was born in McHenry, Illinois, a son of Theodore and Susan Meyers, both of whom were natives of Germany. After coming to the new world they remained residents of Illinois until called to their final rest.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
B. H. Meyers was educated in the schools of his native state and came to Racine in 1889 after having previously learned the marble cutter’s trade in Illinois. Here he entered the employ of Mrs. M. A. Paddock, with whom he remained for a year and then became a partner in the business under the firm name of Paddock & Meyers. This relation was maintained until 1904, after which it became the Paddock & Meyers Company. This association was maintained until February 27, 1909, when the business was reorganized under the name of the B. H. Meyers Company, of which he is the president and treasurer, with Katie Meyers as vice president and Matt Starke as secretary. In this connection he is engaged in the monument and tile works, selling to the local trade, and the business is now extensive and important, for the output represents the highest class of workmanship in that line.
In politics Mr. Meyers is a republican and for fourteen consecutive years has served on the election board. He is a member of the Commercial Club and he stands for all those things which are most worth while in the life of the community and in the development of the city. His business career illustrates what may be accomplished when energy and determination point out the way. He has worked untiringly, never afraid of that laborious attention to details which is so necessary to success.