E. E. Lewis, who since 1904 has been busily engaged in the cultivation of a farm of one hundred and seventeen acres on section 13, Mount Pleasant Township, was born March 8, 1871, in the Township which is still his home, his parents being William E. and Emily (Clemmons) Lewis. He obtained a district school education supplemented by a college course in the Indiana Normal school. He then began to work with his father and for one year was employed by the United States Express Company in Racine, after which he resumed the occupation of farming, this time on his own account, purchasing one hundred and seventeen acres of land which he has since owned and cultivated, making his home upon this place for twelve years. Practically all of the improvements there to be seen are his work and indicate his progressive spirit and unfaltering enterprise. His methods are practical and the results which follow his labors are very substantial.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
On the 10th of November, 1896, Mr. Lewis was united in marriage to Miss Katie Sewell, a daughter of Maidens Sewell. To them have been born three children, as follows: Alta, a high school pupil in Racine; and Elliott and Emily, who are also attending school. Fraternally Mr. Lewis is connected with the Modern Woodmen camp at Corliss and his religious faith is manifest in his membership in the Freewill Baptist church at Mygatts Corners. His political opinions usually coincide with the principles of the Republican Party and he has served in the office of town clerk for seven years. He does not manifest a mere perfunctory interest in public affairs but co-operates heartily in plans for the general good and is classed among the progressive citizens of the community in which his entire life has been passed.