Dr. Nathan Foot, from Watertown, Conn., made his first pitch in the extreme east part of the town, on the verge of the swamp. The farm is not now occupied, but was afterward owned by his son Nathan, and in 1862 and later by Maria Foot and William Turner. A few years after his arrival here he built a second log house west of the highway, and later still a framed house. He died in Charlotte in 1807. Mrs. William Turner is his great-granddaughter. These surveys were all made in 1774 by Judge Gamaliel Painter, of Middlebury.
Biographical Sketch of Dr. Nathan Foot
MLA Source Citation:Finished Round 1 Editing. Needs locations and topics in round 2. Needs index page AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 28 July 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/vermont/biographical-sketch-of-dr-nathan-foot.htm- Last updated on Aug 30th, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History of Addison County Vermont.