Carlos S. Noyes, son of Breed Noyes, was born in Hyde Park, February 28, 1816, and resided there until 1875, when he came to this town. From 1835 till 1840, he was a merchant in company with Lucius H. on the old farm. In 1840, he opened a store in Hyde Park village, and built the store now occupied by W. C. Maxfield. He continued this business until 1842. In 1843, he was elected constable, and held the office ten years. In 1842, he was appointed postmaster, which office he held until 1848 or ’49. In 1848-’49, he represented Hyde Park in the legislature, and again in 1861′-62. He was also town clerk several years, and was cashier of the Lamoille County Bank from 1855 until 1862. In 1865 or ’66, he was appointed one of the directors of that institution, and in 1877, was made its president, which position he still retains. From 1851 to 1853, he was clerk of Lamoille county.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.