Robert T. Parks, a merchant of Lake County, is the son of John L. and Malinda (Crafton) Parks. Both of his parents were natives of middle Tennessee, where they were married. They soon after settled in Giles County and lived there until 1852, when they moved to Gibson County, and nine years later to what is now Lake County. They had thirteen children, six sons and seven daughters. They belonged to the Christian Church. In early life he was a teamster, but on coming to the western district gave his attention to farming. He died during the war and his widow in 1886.
Robert Parks was born May 23, 1839, in Giles County, and was raised on a farm and received but a limited education, as he was not fond of going to school, but preferred to work. He has engaged in the poultry business to a great extent and with marked success, farming in connection with it. Since 1873 he has been merchandising.
In 1860 he married Mary E. Graham. She was born September 26, 1843 in Gibson County, and they have no children. Both of them are members of the Missionary Baptist Church. In addition to a good store and stock of goods, Mr. Parks owns seven acres of land. He has accumulated his property by his own efforts, and is an honest man, respected by all who know him. He is in politics, a democrat.