The First Universalist society, at East Jaffrey, was organized November 16, 1822, and re-organized in 1858, with twenty-five members. Rev. Dolphus Skinner was the first pastor. Their church building, erected in 1844, will seat 275 persons, and is valued, including grounds, at $3,000 00. The society now has about sixty members, with Dr. Sawyer pastor. Their Sabbath-school, organized in 1845, has thirty-five scholars.
The First Universalist Society of East Jaffrey, NH
MLA Source Citation:Hurd, Duane Hamilton. History of Cheshire and Sullivan counties, New Hampshire. Philadelphia: J. W. Lewis. 1886. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 23 July 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/new-hampshire/the-first-universalist-society-of-east-jaffrey-nh.htm- Last updated on Aug 20th, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History of Cheshire County New Hampshire.