The First Universalist church of Marlboro, located at the village, was organized by Rev. J. V. Wilson, with forty members, in October, 1835, Rev. Edwin Davis being the first resident pastor. Their church building, a wood structure erected in 1850, will seat 250 persons, cost $2,000.00, and is valued at $5,000.00, The society has fifty members, with Rev. R. T. Polk, pastor. Fourteen pastors have been settled over this parish. The first, Rev. Mr. Davis, served two terms. The present pastor has served the longest term. Two died in the pastorate, Rev. W. A. Barrett and L. L. Record.
The First Universalist Church of Marlboro, NH
MLA Source Citation:Hurd, Duane Hamilton. History of Cheshire and Sullivan counties, New Hampshire. Philadelphia: J. W. Lewis. 1886. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 12 February 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/new-hampshire/the-first-universalist-church-of-marlboro-nh.htm- Last updated on Aug 19th, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History of Cheshire County New Hampshire.