Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
choose a state:
BENJAMIN6 CHAPMAN (Joseph5, Benjamin4, Samuel3-2, Edward1) was b. July 18, 1784; in. , Theoda Colburn, dau. of John and Theoda (Dunham) Colburn, b. June 11, 1792, and d. Oct. 13, 1859, aged 67. He was a farmer and surveyor, a prominent man in his day, filling many important positions in town and state. He drew plans of Cornish and adjoining towns and made surveys of nearly every road and farm in Cornish and Plainfield. He was also justice of the peace and legal counsellor for all requiring such services in these towns. A man of firm integrity, unquestionable honor and sound judgment. He lived on the homestead of his father till advanced in life; then a few years in Plain field, where he d. Dec. 8, 1865, aged 81. Children, all b. in Cornish:
1. EMELINE LOUISA, b. Oct. 10, 1819; m. , George M. Chase of
Cornish. Two children. (See Chase.) She d. June 7, 1859.
2. BENJAMIN WADE, b. Jan. 29, 1821; m. May 17, 1848, Sarah Phillips
of Plainfield. A carpenter and farmer before the Civil War. He then went as a drummer and d. in the service at Vicksburg, Miss., Aug. 7, 1863. Four children.
3. MARTHA MARIETTA, b. July 1, 1822; m. first, Leonard Conroy of Billerica, Mass.; m. second, John Tileston of Windsor, Vt., where she d. March 2, 1892.
4. ELLEN LORETTA, b. Sept. 28, 1823; m. first, Nov. 15, 1842, Newton Jackson of Cornish. Three children. (See Jackson.) Mr. Jackson d. April 2, 1871; m. second, Feb. 14, 1883, Jacob Beal, who d. Oct. 14, 1898. Living in So. Cornish in 1910.
5. PAMELIA AMANDA, b. Jan. 20, 1826; m. July 12, 1857, Lewis Horton. No children. Res. at Dorchester, Mass.
6. ADELIA THEODA, b. April 3, 1828. Never m.; d. Oct. 1, 1878, in Boston.
7. SARAH MARIA, b. Jan. 25, 1831; m. July 20, 1872, Joseph Addison Marshall.