W. H. Marshall, of the firm of Marshall & Shaw, dealers in general merchandise, is a native of Hampton County, Mass.; removed to Connecticut, where he learned the blacksmith trade. In 1867, he came to Washington County, Neb.; worked for T. B. Bailey about one and a half years. He then took a homestead claim of eighty acres in Belle Creek Precinct, where he remained six years. In November 1875, he came to Tekamah, opened a shop, and carried on that trade till 1879, when he, with Mr. Flint, opened a general store. They continued the business till May 1881, when the firm changed to Marshall & Shaw. This firm carries a large and well selected stock, and are doing a large and prosperous business.
Biographical Sketch of W. H. Marshall
MLA Source Citation:Compendium of History Reminiscence and Biography Of Nebraska. Chicago: Alden Publishing Company. 1912. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 27 August 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/nebraska/biographical-sketch-of-w-h-marshall.htm- Last updated on Aug 3rd, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History of the State of Nebraska.