SEYMOUR H. PERKINS, of the business firm of S. H. Perkins & Co., Elkton, Ky., is a son of Judge B. T. Perkins, Sr., and was born November 7, 1844, in Elkton. He was reared in his native village, which has ever been his permanent home. In 1861 he enlisted as a member of Company F., Twenty-fifth Kentucky Infantry, and in the organization of the company was elected to the commission of Second Lieutenant. He shared in the service of his regiment until shortly after the battle of Shiloh, when, on the account of loss of health, he resigned his commission and returned home. After regaining his health sufficiently, he was appointed as Deputy Clerk of the Circuit and County Courts, which position he occupied until 1870, when he was elected to the office of Clerk of the County Court; re-elected to the same office in 1874, serving fully eight years or two terms. He also served the county as Master Commissioner of the Circuit Court, to which he was appointed by Judge Rodgers, holding this position for about twelve years. He commenced his mercantile career in Elkton, in 1879, and is now engaged in a prosperous and extensive business, associated with S. H. Wells and George P. Street. Mr. Perkins was married in Todd County, June 6, 1866, to Miss Minerva J. Weathers, daughter of E. W. Weathers, of Elkton.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.