JOHN F. SNADON is a resident of Hadensville Precinct, and lives upon the farm where he was born October 22, 1826. His parents, George and Sallie (Cross) Snadon were natives of Rockingham County, Va.; came to Todd County in 1822, and settled upon the farm where John F. Snadon now resides. The property originally consisted of some 900 acres, but has since been reduced to 570 acres by the sale of a part of its area. Here Mr. Snadon lives as a gentleman farmer, employing some four to eight hands. The Snadon mansion is a typical Southern home of culture and refinement. A dwelling combining the elegance of modern luxury with the grace of enlightened culture and surrounded by abundant evidences of tasteful expenditure, affords an unstinted hospitality which is the pride of the neighborhood. February, 1864, Mr. Snadon married Miss Sue F., daughter of William and Fannie Weatherford, the father, a widower, now living on his farm at Port Royal, Tenn. Mrs. Snadon was born in North Carolina, but was reared from childhood in Tennessee. She received a liberal education, being graduated by the Greenville Female Collegiate Institute. Two brothers, William G. and Caesar, are eminent attorneys at Memphis. A sister is the wife of Dr. J. T. Darden, of Montgomery County, Tenn. Another sister is the wife of John W. Jones, a farmer in the same county. Mr. and Mrs. Snadon are the parents of two sons: Frank, attending the Emory and Henry College in Washington County, Va.; George, married, and living with his parents. Mr. and Mrs. Snadon are active, devoted members of the Methodist Episcopal Church South.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.