Moses, W. H. of the firm Lawson & Moses, dealers in a general line of dry goods, gents’ furnishing goods, clothing, boots and shoes, hats and caps, groceries, queensware and crockery. They opened business October 28, 1877. They occupy rooms 26×100 feet and 16×26 feet, and carry an average stock of $15,000. They first opened with a stock of $4,000.
Mr. Moses was born in McHenry County, Ill., in 1852. He went to Republican City, Neb., in 1870, and embarked in merchandising, following it three years; he then went into the stock business a few months; he then returned to McHenry County, Ill., to replenish; he clerked there until he came to Kansas. He is a member of the Russell Lodge, No. 175, A., F. & A. M.