Bradbury, J. M. dealer in grain, farm implements, and general merchandise. Began the grain trade in 1873, coming to Bunker Hill in February 1871. He bought the first grain and erected the first elevator in the village in 1878. The elevator is 24×36 feet, 28 feet high with a capacity of 10,000 bushels. He carries a general stock in merchandise of $8,000. He has officiated as Probate Judge and Clerk of the Court, each one term.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Born in Ross County, Ohio in 1841. Was raised and educated in his native state. He began business in life as a clerk then photographing, etc. Enlisted in 1861 in Company A, Eighteenth Ohio Volunteer Infantry, participated in all battles of his command, discharged on account of heart disease in 1863. He then engaged in photographing two years, married in 1876 to Miss Ella Exline, a native of Ohio, she was raised in Minnesota. He is a member of the Masonic order of Ohio. Mr. Bradbury assisted to organize the town in 1871. Bradbury & Cooper own 800 acres of fine coal land. The coal is of a bituminous quality. The veins of coal are from 16 to 42 inches in thickness. The coalmines are located twelve miles northeast of Wilson in Fairfield and Plymouth townships, in Ellsworth County.