Hon. S.T. Davis, attorney at law and dealer in real estate, was born in Pennsylvania in 1828; was educated at Alleghany College, at Meadowville, Pennsylvania; came to Sioux City in 1856, and has been identified with many leading enterprises for the benefit of his adopted city. He was the founder of the Sioux City Journal, and with others organized the S.C.&P.R.R., and has taken an active interest in the construction of other roads leading into the city. He was appointed by President Lincoln register of the U.S. land office, which position he held for eighteen months. He was elected to the state senate to fill a vacancy made by the resignation of Judge Oliver. Mr. D. was mayor of the city in 1871, and was prosecuting attorney for several years. He owns large landed property and business property in the city.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.