H.E. Pease, proprietor of Sheltered Twin livery barn, was born in Mich. in 1845; went to Chicago in 1860, and was employed as newsboy on the C. and N.W. Ry. for about eighteen months; then as brakeman in Tenn. during the war; then promoted to conductor, and at the close of the war, located at Jefferson, Green County, Ia., and was engaged in running dray, express, mail and delivery wagons until 1868, when he removed to Dunlap and engaged in his present business. He has been deputy sheriff two terms; also constable, street commissioner, and marshal of this city. He is a member of the Legion of Honor beneficiary insurance society. He was married in Dunlap in 1871 to Julia Ford, and has one child.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.