D. Elliott, dealer in crockery, glass, wood and willowware, house, hotel and steamboat furnishing goods, established this business in 1870; his establishment was destroyed by fire Dec. 5th, 1875; reopened Dec. 7th, of the same year. The building has two stories and basement, all of which he occupies, carrying one of the largest stocks of goods of this description west of Chicago. He was born in Pennsylvania; has been in Iowa twenty years; was formerly in business in Iowa City. H.E.Sawyers, head salesman, for the above firm, has been connected with this house for more than twelve years. He was born in Davis County, Iowa, in 1856; came to this city with his parents in 1857, where he has made his home ever since.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.