Albert Davis, station agent and proprietor of Lake House, came to Sac County in March 1877, from Clinton County, Ia. He purchased land in Wall Lake township. At the time of the tornado of April 21 of the same year, he was living in a portion of his barn, which was entirely destroyed together with his household goods, his family happily escaping unhurt. He afterwards built a house 20×30 feet in dimensions and had just got settled in it when it was entirely destroyed by the tornado of Oct. 15th, of the same year. In Dec. 1881, he moved to Fletcher and built the hotel. He carries a stock of confectionery, cigars and fancy groceries.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.