W. Avery Howard, who has recently become a partner in the broom corn business with W. H. Hancock, is a native of Fultonville, New York, and was born February 26, 1846. His early years were spent’ at Fort Hunter and later he engaged in the manufacture of brooms here with his uncle, E. Howard. In 1888 W. A. Howard withdrew and associated himself with Henry Herrick, of Amsterdam, New York, and acted in the capacity of superintendent of factory and broom corn purchaser. In 1894 he went to St. Louis and for three years superintended the broom corn business for Cupple’s Wood and Willowware Company, the largest in the world. In August, 1898, he located in Tuscola and engaged in the broom corn brokerage business.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
He is a son of Silas and Julia A. (Avery) Howard. In 1872 he was wedded to Miss Emma A. Howe, a daughter of Allen M. Howe, who resides in the town of Florida, Montgomery County, New York. Mr. Howard is a man of culture and education and the city of Tuscola has gained in him a representative citizen and a thorough student in business affairs.