William Yeardley (I), b. in England in 1752, came to Dublin, N. H., in 1776 and died there, June 23, 1805. He m. Sarah Twitchell, dau. of Gershom, b. 1750; d. in Dublin, Jan. 7, 1831. Of their six children the third was William (II), b. 1784; m. 1804, Rhoda Brooks, dau. of Joseph, b. Mar. 3, 1707; d. Apr. 5, 1837. Horace (III), the fifth of the nine children of William and Rhoda (Brooks) Yeardley, was b. in Dublin, Mar. 11, 1814, and m. Sarah Elizabeth Taylor b. Aug. 30, 1822. Their son, William Wallace, 1, was b. in Dublin, now Harrisville, Mar. 17, 1842. He spelt his name Yardley. He came to Sullivan, in 1884, and settled on the “Col. Hubbard” place, which had last been occupied by Alanson Nims, and previously by the latter’s father, Daniel Adams Nims.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
- William Wallace4 Yardley, son of Horace3, was a farmer in Nelson and S., and moved to Marlow in 1899; m. Feb. 21, 1877, Mary Jane Rich, b. Stoughton, Mass., Oct. 13, 1858; d. in Lowell, Nov. 16, 1916; dau. of Charles C. and Ellen E (Dodge) Rich. Ch.:
- William Henry5, b. Nelson, Feb. 4, 1880.
- Frances Louisa5, b. Nelson, Sept. 23, 1881.
- Jennie Gertrude5, b. Nelson, Dec. 1, 1883.
- Mabel Alice5, b. S., May 7, 1885.
- Mary Edith5, b. S., Dec. 18, 1887.
- Florence Viola5, b. S., May 4, 1891.
- Grace Emogene5, b. S., Sept. 22, 1895.
William Henry5 Yardley, son of William Wallace4; m. Dec. 25, 1901, in Marlow, Grace A. French, b. Marlow, 1883; dau. of Wallace and Charlotte (Allen) French. Ch. b. Marlow:
- William6, b. Feb. 6, 1903.
- Amy Marian6, b. Feb. 22, 1905.
- A son6, b. May 12, 1908.
- Elsie M.6, b. Feb. 15, 1910.