Notice Of William Haskell
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
choose a state:
WILLIAM HASKELL was a native of Marblehead, and supposed to be a descendant of Mark Haskell, of Beverly; b. 1726, d. in Lynn, Nov. 9,1809, aged 83 years. He was a shipwright, and pursued that occupation the greater part of his life, when, till the infirmities of age prevented, he took up the business of boating. It is remarked, by Mr. John White, of Marblehead, one of the oldest living representatives of that family, that Mr. Haskell was always considered to be a cousin to his grandfather, John White, which, if true, would make him grandson to Mark Haskell who married Charity Pitman. He had often heard him spoken of by his father, as “old uncle Bill.” He removed to Lynn about 1803, when, Dec. 5, of that year, he and his wife Ann sold to Peter Colman, of Marblehead, laborer, their one-fifth part of a dwelling house and land under it, near the powder house in Marblehead, bounded S. on the way to the Ferry, NW. on the late Azor Orne, and N. on Jesse Blanchard, with their rights in the estate of their late father, Peter Colman. Witnessed by James Gardner and Samuel Alley, Jr. Mr. William Haskell married Ann, dau. of Peter and Ann Colman, of Marblehead.
1. MICHAEL2 d. young.
2. REBECCA2 bapt. March 12, 1769; d. in infancy.
3. REBECCA2 bapt. Sept. 23, 1770; d. in infancy.
4. REBECCA2 bapt. Feb. 23, 1777; d. about 1851, m. Samuel Alley, of Lynn.
5. WILLIAM2 b. Sept. 24, 1778; d. late in Feb. 1853.
(5) WILLIAM2 (William1), b. Sept. 24, 1778; d. late in Feb. 1853. Removed to Lynn in 1803 cabinet maker. Oct. 23, 1809, he and his wife Mary sold to Deborah Roundy, of Marblehead, “all the S. W. chamber and bedroom of the mansion house of our late father Eben’r Martin in Darling’s lane,” with other parts of the premises. Jan. 4, 1811, he sold to Squiers Shove, of Danvers, tanner, a piece of land in said Darling’s lane, also his cabinet maker’s shop in Lynn, bounded partly on land of John Alley, Jr.
He m. Jan. 13, 1803, Mary, dau. of Ebenezer Martin, of Marblehead, b. Sept. 27, 1779, d. in Lynn, July 25, 1825.
6. ANN3 b. in Marblehead, June 29, 1803; d. Dec. 11, 1838 m. in the fall of 1825, Archibald McOlister.
JOSEPH M.4 b. in Lynn, Jan. 21, 1827.
BENJAMIN R.4 b. in Lynn, Nov. 7, 1829.
MARY H.4 b. in Lynn, Dec. 28, 1830.
LYDIA F.4 b. April 2, 1832.
ALMIRA M4. b. March 14, 1231.
SARAH W.4 b. March 15, 1838.
7. MARY H.3 b. July 4, 1805 ; d. Aug. 23, 1 806.
8. MARY H.3 b. June 17, 1807; m. Jan. 17, 1807, Joseph son of Joseph and Sally Wormsted, of Marblehead, b. May 18, 1807. Painter.
JOSEPH4 b. Sept. 28, 1831 ; d. Sept. 30, 1834.
JOSEPH4 b. Oct. 19, 1835 ; d. Sept. 20, 1838.
JOSEPH S.4 b. Oct. 13, 1838.
WILLIAM H.4 b. July LI, 1844.
ELLEN4 b. May 4,1850; d. May 25, 1850.
9. WILLIAM MARTIN3 b. Sept. 26, 1309. Lives in Marblehead ; shoemaker; m. Aug. 24,1836, Mary Ann, dau. of John and Betsey Eveleth, of Essex, Mass., b. June 10, 1809, d.April 5, 1839.
FRANCIS EVELETH4 b. July 16, 1837.
10. ALMIRA H.3 b. July 10, 1811; d. young
11. MICHAEL3 b. Nov. 1813 ; d. ______
12 ALMIRA. M. MaRTIN3 b. June 10, 1815.