Discover your family's story.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Linzie O., son of John M. and Margaret Stoneburner, continued living on a farm near Herrick. On the 25 April 1901 he married Ella Alice Miller, daughter of Benedict and Lucie Spockwell Miller. Linzie and Ella had a family of four children. In January of 1931, “about 40 neighbors and friends gathered at the home of L. O. Stoneburner and family to spend the evening. Following are the names of those present: Charles McKittrick and wife; Hubert Smart and family; Ellis Corley and wife; Arthur Salmons and family; Mrs. Lamora Manuel and children; Lawrence Stoneburner and family; Dorothy Campbell; John Stoneburner and family and Charles Wakefield. The evening was spent in playing music and games. Refreshments of pop corn and home made candy were served. A very pleasant evening was enjoyed by all.
On June 28, 1934 Ella had surgery at the Pana hospital. She died a few days later. Her obituary read:
“Ella Alice Stoneburner, daughter of Benedict and Lucy Miller, was born in Marion Co., Indiana, August 10, 1883 and departed this life July 4th 1934, at the age of 50 years, 10 months and 24 days.
She was united in marriage to Linzie Stoneburner, April 25th 1901.
Besides her companion and children she leaves to mourn her departure two sisters: Mrs. Joe Terrell of Rossville and Mrs. Robert Middleton of Tenexa, Kansas; three brothers: Clarence E., Charles W., and Nathan E. all of Indianapolis, Indiana. Three grandchildren: Lena and Robert Stoneburner and Arthur Frost.’
Linzie Otis lived for ten more years before his death in 1944. He “died at 10:30 pm Wednesday, March 8, in his home near Herrick. He was born in Ohio, February 3, 1876, a son of John M. and Margaret Mohler Stoneburner.” He had married Ella Alice Miller 25 April 1901 at Stewardson, Illinois. “Mr. Stoneburner has lived in this community for over forty years and had been in failing health for some time but only confined to his bed the past month. Several years ago he confessed his faith in Christ and was always ready and willing to lend a helping hand to any one in need.” “Funeral services were held at 2:00 pm Saturday from the Herrick Methodist Church, with burial in Meyers Cemetery.”
603 Linzie Otis Stoneburner born 3 Feb. 1876 Muskingum Co., Ohio married 25 April 1901 Ella Alice Miller born 10 Aug. 1883 Marion Co., Ind. and died 4 July 1934 Christian Co., Ill. Linzie died 8 March 1944 Shelby Co., Ill.
Children of Linzie Otis Stoneburner and Ella Alice Miller:
- 701 Lawrence Albert Stoneburner born 8 July 1902 Shelby Co., Ill. married 26 Feb. 1924 Goldie A. Spracklin born April 8, 1904 Shelby C ., Ill. died 2 April 1983 Christian Co. Ohio died 13 April 1965 Shelby Co., Ill.
- 702 Everett Stoneburner born 26 Nov. 1906 Shelby Co., Ill. married 16 Feb. 1926 Frances Trout born 16 Aug. 1909 Shelby Co., Ill. died 18/19 Aug 1998, Lawrenceville, GA
- 801 Robert Lee Stoneburner
- 901 David Wayne Stoneburner
- 802 Ralph E. Stoneburner born 21 Oct. 1932 Marion Co., Ind. died 5 Feb. 1933 Marion Co., Ind.
- 803 Richard Stoneburner
- 902 Gregory Stoneburner
- 903 Mark Stoneburner
- 904 Jeffry Stoneburner
- 905 Donna Stoneburner
- 906 Debora Stoneburner
- 907 Dena Stoneburner
- 804 Ronald Stoneburner
- 908 Jay Clark Stoneburner
- 805 Thomas Stoneburner
- 909 John Alan Stoneburner
- 910 Kathyrn Irene Stoneburner
- 801 Robert Lee Stoneburner
- 703 Sylvia Stoneburner born 19 Aug. 1911 Shelby Co., Ill. married 1, 10 June 1933 Clyde Frost died 1967 Shelby Co,, Ill. Married 2. — Snyder. Ch. by 1:
- 808 Arthur Frost
- 809 Norma Frost married Ron Collins
- 704 Franklin Stoneburner born 1916/17 Shelby Co., Ill. married 1943 Fern Tucker died 10 March 1998
- 806 Shirley Stoneburner born 5 Jan. 1947 Shelby Co., Ill.
- 807 Charlotte Stoneburner
Sources for the Genealogy of Linzie Otis Stoneburner:
- 28 Jan. 1931 Herrick Reporter
- 6 July 1934 Herrick Bulletin
- 17 March 1944 Herrick Bulletin
- 17 March 1944 Shelbyville Democrat
- 1918 Prairie Farmer’s Directory Shelby Co,, Ill.
- Miller Bible Record
- Everett Stoneburner Records