MATTHEW WOODRUFF (1) and wife Hannah, came from Hartford to Farmington in 1640-1. He was one of the eighteen proprietors of the Town of Farmington in 1672, having been admitted as a freeman in 1637, (History of Southington, Conn.. Page CCIVII.) He died at very old age in 1652. He was a man of considerable wealth for those days. He joined the church March 1st, 1672. His will probated Dec. 13th, 1682. mentions his wife, Hannah, who was admitted to the church in Farmington, April 2, 1634, also his will mentions three sons and a daughter named Hannah. wife of Richard Seymour, 2nd, but the Probate Court supplies name of another daughter Elizabeth, wife of John Broughton of Northampton, Mass. Matthew and Hannah Woodruff had children as follows:
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
- John, b. 1643; d. 1692.
- Matthew, b. 1646; d. Nov. 1691 at Farmington, Conn.: m. Man, C _y Plumb at Milford, Conn., June 16, 1668. He married 2nd wife, Sarah North in 1686; she was b. Dec. 23, 1653; d. 1692. She was the daughter of John and Mary (Bird) North. Matthew lived in Milford, Conn., until death of his first wife, then returned to Farmington, Conn. He was a freeman 1671. Adm. of his estate granted Dec. 3, 1691. (See, Hartford Court Probate Records.)
- Hannah, b. 1648; m. Richard Seymour.
- Elizabeth, b. 1651; m. in 1678 John Broughton of Northampton.
- Mary. b. Nov. 1654 (died young.)
- Samuel, b. Farmington, Conn., Aug. 26, 1661; d.. Jan. 8, 1742.