William Miller, judge of the county of Waterloo, born in the township of Niagara, October 30, 1810, is a son of William D. and Ann (Van Sickle) Miller, his father being of Scotch descent; his mother a native of New Jersey. He was educated in the town of Niagara; studied law with Hon. Robert Dickson and Judge E. C. Campbell; was called to the Bar in 1835; practiced eighteen years at Dundas, and in 1853 was appointed judge of the county of Waterloo, a position which he still holds. He is one of the judges longest in the county and the Province, and much respected. He is very conscientious, carefully weighs every case, and rarely fails of accuracy in his decisions.
Judge Miller is a member and elder of Knox Presbyterian church, Galt, and held the same office in the Presbyterian church at Dundas.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
In 1837 he married Miss Cheesboro, daughter of N. G. Cheesboro, of Canandaigua, N.Y., and has six children living, and has lost four. William Nicholas, the eldest son, has a family, and is a barrister, of the firm of Beatty, Miller, Biggar, Chadwick and Co., Toronto; Henry, the next son, has a wife and is a druggist, Galt; Robert, the youngest son, is on the mounted police, at Battleford, North West Territory; Elizabeth is the wife of Z. A Lash, deputy minister of justice, Ottawa, and the other two daughters are unmarried.