The Methodist Episcopal church, located at the village, was organized by its first pastor, Rev. Thomas L. Fowler, with sixty members, in 1859. Their church building will seat 250 persons, cost $1,300.00, and is now valued, including grounds, etc., at $3,000.00. The society now has ninety-eight members, with Rev. C. W. Dockrill, pastor. The church also has a Sabbathschool with 107 member and an average attendance of sixty-four.