Bonnie May Nedrow (Scott) Kelso, 73, lost her valiant battle with cancer on July 5, 2005, with her husband, Don, daughter, Michelle, and stepdaughter, Jan, by her side. Discover your family's story. Enter a grandparent's name to get started. choose a state: Any AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DE DC FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY INTL Start Now Her funeral will be at 11 a.m. at the Ustick Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Meridian between Linder and Ten Mile Road. A graveside service and dedication will be at the new Veterans Cemetery in Boise. Bonnie was born at Hilgard outside of La Grande on Aug. 17, 1931, to John Nathan Nedrow and Evelyn May Ashby Nedrow. She and her family lived in small towns around Baker City and they also lived a time in Yellow Pine, Idaho. At the age of 13, Bonnie’s parents settled in the little green house at 3425 13th St. in Baker City. Bonnie’s dad farmed alfalfa where the prison now stands. The old Air Force base and Linscotts were fixtures in Bonnie’s children’s minds. Sadly, this home is now gone. Bonnie was...Read More
Location: San Bernardino County CA
Roy Welch Was A Barber At Haines Graveside services were held September 24 for a former Haines resident. Roy Jackson Welch who passed away September 20, 1973 in San Bernardino, California. Burial was in the family plot at Hemet, California where he had lived for several years. Mr. Welch was a retired barber. He owned and operated barber shops in Haines, Oregon and California and had followed the barber trade for fifty years. He was born in Haines, Baker County, Oregon September 22, 1904, the son of G.W. and Ida Long Jackson, foster son of W.I. and Clara Long Welch. He attended school in Haines and barber college in Portland. He is survived by his wife Lucille of Hemet, California; a daughter, Dolly; a step-daughter, Ann; six Grandchildren and three Great grandchildren; a sister, Emma Welch Fisher of haines; two brothers, John Jackson of Woodland, Washington and Charlie Jackson of salem; several nieces and nephew and many cousins in Baker County, Oregon. He was preceded in death by a son Richard Lee Welch; a brother, Ray Welch, two sisters, Nina Jackson Dahl and Ora jackson Collins and a brother Lonnie Jackson. Contributed by: Carla...Read More
Charles P. Hayt is the senior partner of the firm of Hayt & Klinefelter, proprietors of the well-known Fashion Stables of Riverside. These stables are located on the corner of Main and Seventh streets. Their stock of horses, carriages, etc., are not excelled by any in Riverside, or even by any in the county. Of the seventy-five horses owned by the firm, thirty-five or forty are used in their livery business. They are the proprietors of the City Cab and Hack Service in Riverside. Mr. Hayt is among the well-known businessmen of the city. He came to Riverside in October 1879, without capital other than good, sound business principles, untiring energy and industrious habits. In connection with his father, W. A. Hayt, he started a meat market on Main Street and successfully conducted the same until the next year. He then purchased the old adobe livery stable on the corner of Market and Eighth streets. He was also associated with his father in this enterprise. Their stock at that time consisted of three Cayuse horses and two wagons, but their energy and business principles won the day, and they rapidly increased their stock and business until they led all competitors and built up one of the largest livery enterprises in Riverside. In 1880 they purchased from H. W. Robinson his stage and express line from Riverside to Colton, and...Read More
David A. Correll is the proprietor of the well known Blue Front Grocery Store, one of the pioneer establishments of the city. He is also one of the oldest grocers now in business in Riverside, having been identified with the trade since 1883. Mr. Correll came to Riverside in 1882. His capital was limited, and although broken in health he was possessed of an unlimited stock of energy and well-trained business principles. He first engaged as a laborer with the Riverside Land and Irrigation Company, and remained in that employ until the next year, when he secured a position in the grocery store of Frederick & Love. The Blue Front store was at that time under the management of those gentlemen. In 1885 Mr. Correll bought the interest of Mr. McDonald, of the firm of McDonald & Metcalf, and commenced business on his own account on Main Street, where the Oppenheimer block now stands. This establishment was sold to Fountain & Thrall the next year, and then Metcalf & Correll bought the Blue Front store. The business was conducted by that firm until July, 1887, when Mr. Correll purchased the interests of his partner, and has since conducted the business alone. He largely increased his stock and took the lead in the grocery business of the city. The Blue Front, although deservedly popular before, became doubly so under his...Read More
Among the representative orange groves of that section of Riverside colony known as Brockton square, mention should be made of the one owned by Mr. Heller. His residence and land, ten acres in extent, is located on the south side of Rubidoux Avenue, about half a mile west of Brockton Avenue. Five acres of his tract is in oranges, about twelve years old from the seed; the balance, or three acres, is in budded trees of the Washington Navel and Mediterranean Sweet varieties; one acre of his land is devoted to raisin grapes, and one acre to alfalfa. At this writing Mr. Keller has resided on the place less than two years, but during that time he has shown that he is a practical horticulturist. His system of pruning and budding are unequaled, and are producing the best of results. Everything about the place, the neat cottage residence, suitable outbuildings, well ordered grounds, etc., denote the pleasant and comfortable California home. Mr. Heller was born in Haynau, Province of Schlesien, Prussia, in 1824. His parents, Benjamin and Caroline (Sturm) Heller, were natives of Saxony: Mr. Heller was reared and schooled in his native place, and early in life apprenticed as a furrier. Upon the expiration of his apprenticeship he worked as a journeyman in Dresden, Hamburg, and other places until 1849. He then decided to try his fortunes in...Read More
Miss E. C. Dyer, Cashier Riverside Banking Company, was born in Illinois, taught school before engaging in the banking business, about fifteen years ago, first in that State and for the past twelve years in Riverside. She is a lady of culture, possesses remarkable force of character and extraordinary business...Read More
Samuel K. Klinefelter is the junior member of the firm of Hayt & Klinefelter, the proprietors of the well known Fashion Livery Stables of Riverside. Mr. Klinefelter was born in Richland County, Ohio, June 10, 1845. His parents, Joseph and Elizabeth Klinefelter, were natives of Pennsylvania and were among the early settlers of the county in which he was born. He was reared in his native place until twelve years of age. In 1857 his father moved to Brown County, Kansas and was there engaged in farming occupations until his death in 1858. Mr. Klinefelter was brought up to farm life. In March, 1862, although less than seventeen years of age, he enlisted in the military service of his country as a private in Company C, Seventh Regiment of Kansas Cavalry, and was for more than three years engaged in that memorable struggle, the war of the Rebellion. His regiment was attached to the Sixteenth Army Corps or the Army of the Tennessee, and participated in some of the severest campaigns and hardest-fought battles of the war. He was engaged at Iuka, Corinth, Oxford, Holly Springs and many other battles, and also took part in many of the cavalry raids which his branch of the service was called upon to execute. After his honorable discharge from the service in October 1865, he returned to his home in Kansas and...Read More
Alfred B. Miner, one of the leading and representative businessmen of Colton, and as the president of the Colton Packing Company is at the head of one of the most important industries of that city. Mr. Miner is a native of Michigan, dating his birth in Genesee County in 1842. His father, Pilo Miner, was reared in Genesee County, New York, and was an early settler in Michigan, and engaged in farming. Mr. Miner was reared to farm life, and given a fair education in the public schools. He was an energetic and thorough worker, but he was never intended for a farmer; as soon as he reached his majority he struck out in life, locating in Chicago. There he engaged in business pursuits, and was for the next ten years employed by the well-known firm of Tyler, Graham & Co., as a traveling agent and salesman. In 1876 he was prostrated by sickness and compelled to abandon his labor. The next eighteen months was spent by Mr. Miner in seeking a restoration of his health. Failing in that, he decided to seek the milder climate of the Pacific coast, and in 1877 he came to California and located at San Jose. His first occupation in that city was as a clerk in a grocery store, but his business talents soon gained him recognition in business circles, and he...Read More
Nelson Sleppy, successor to the firm of Sleppy & Bullis, is one of the representative business men of Colton. He is at the head of one of the largest hardware establishments in that city and the pioneer in the business in Colton, having established his store in 1882. He conducted the establishment alone until 1888, when he formed a partnership with William S. Bullis, now the mayor of Colton, and the business was conducted under the firm name of Sleppy & Bullis, with Mr. Sleppy as the chief and managing partner, until February 5, 1890. The subject of this sketch dates his birth in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, in 1845. His parents, George and Amelia (Kremer) Sleppy, were both natives of that State. His father was a carpenter and builder, and at twelve years of age Mr. Sleppy commenced his apprenticeship at that trade under his father. He was quick to learn and naturally a mechanic, and at the age of seventeen was a skilled workman. He started in life on his own account, and the next five years were spent in working at his trade in the Western States. In 1867 he commenced his journey across the continent with California as his objective point. He spent two years in Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona, in carpenter work, prospecting, mining, etc., and it was not until 1869 that he reached...Read More
William B. Sawyer, M. D., occupies a prominent position in the medical circles of Riverside, and has for many years been well known in the business and social circles of the city. Dr. Sawyer is a native of New England, born in Hampshire County, Massachusetts in 1854. His father, Edmund H. Sawyer, was a descendant of an old colonial family whose first advent in the New world was in the days of the Puritans; he was a manufacturer and prominent citizen of Hampshire County, a member of the Assembly and Senate of his State, at the head of banking institutions, and a trustee of Williston Seminary, Amherst College and other public institutions. His mother, Sarah J. Hinckley, was a direct descendant of Elder William Brewster, the minister of the “Mayflower,” from whom the Doctor is named. The father gave his son all the facilities afforded in obtaining a thorough education from Williston Seminary at East Hampton, and at Amherst College. He graduated at that institution in 1875, after which he entered upon his medical studies at Harvard University, and graduated in the medical department in 1879. He spent about a year in the practice of his profession in his native place, and then moved westward, locating in Kansas City, Missouri. He built up a successful practice, but failing health compelled him to try a milder climate. In 1882 he...Read More
Judge William W. Noland, Riverside’s well-known City Recorder and the impartial Judge of her municipal court, was born in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana, June 25, 1825. He is a descendant of representative Southern families. His father, Brazelton Noland, was a native of Kentucky. He was one of the earliest pioneers of Madison County, Indiana, locating there in 1821. Judge Noland’s mother was a native of North Carolina. Her name before marriage was Nancy Russell. The subject of this sketch was reared in the pioneer days of his native place, schooled in the log cabin schoolhouse by the itinerant teacher of that day, and taught the practical realities of life by labor on the pioneer farm of his father. Upon reaching his majority he engaged in farming upon his own account, and later was appointed railroad and express agent at Anderson. Judge Noland took a prominent part in the affairs of his county politically and otherwise, and in 1862 was elected as County Treasurer of Madison County. He held that responsible position until 1867, and upon his retirement from office was appointed as express agent of Anderson. In 1870 he moved to Indianapolis, and there, in partnership with John H. Batty, engaged in real estate and abstract business. He continued that business for about eight years and then established himself in the tobacco trade. In 1880 he decided to seek...Read More
G. A. Sprecher, M. D., formerly a practicing physician of Cincinnati, Ohio, and now the proprietor of the well-known “Colton Pharmacy,” which is located in the center of the city, has been a resident of Colton since 1884. The Doctor has found time to identify himself with and aid in the business and public enterprises which wrought the wonderful change in the city of Colton during the five years antedating 1889. His drug store, the Colton Pharmacy, is one of the most complete in the city, and a credit to any community, for Dr. Sprecher is a thorough master of his profession, a skillful druggist and chemist. He has been prominent in building up the city in which he has large real-estate interests. Aside from his residence and business property he owns quite a number of cottage residences. He has also 640 acres of ranch land in Riche Canon, three and a half miles southeast of Colton, and property in Perris and other places. The Doctor was born in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, in 1844. While a mere lad his parents moved to Ohio and settled in Clark County, where he was reared and schooled. His educational facilities were of the best, and he entered as a student in the Wittenberg College at Springfield, Ohio, of which his father was president. In January 1863, he cast aside his books and devoted...Read More
Among the prominent physicians of Colton, and of San Bernardino County, mention should be made of the subject of this sketch. Dr. Price was born in Portage County, Ohio, in 1834. His father, Dr. George Price, was a native of Pennsylvania, but was reared and educated in Ohio. Dr. Price remained in his native State until fourteen years old; his parents then moved to Illinois and settled in Knox County. He was given a good education, and in his young manhood he entered upon the study of medicine. In 1861, when the war of the Rebellion broke out, he was pursuing his medical studies in Philadelphia, and early in 1862 he passed an examination before the Pennsylvania State Medical Board, and was commissioned an Assistant Surgeon, and assigned to the First Regiment Pennsylvania Light Artillery for duty. His regiment was assigned with the historic Army of the Potomac. In April 1863, he was promoted to a full Surgeon’s position with the rank of Major, and served with the First Army Corps until September of that year, when he found himself so broken in health as to be unfit for field service. He accordingly re-signed his commission, and went north seeking a restoration of health. As soon as he had so far recovered as to be able to enter upon hospital service, he again tendered himself to the Government, and...Read More
Seneca LaRue, one of the horticulturists of the Riverside colony, came to Riverside in 1876 and located on Arlington avenue, where he purchased a claim of forty acres of Government land for which he eventually secured a patent. Immediately upon his purchase he commenced his horticultural pursuits, first planting a vineyard and some deciduous fruits as well as oranges, but later his experience led him to uproot the deciduous trees and replace them with citrus fruits. His orange grove is about twenty-two acres in extent; fifteen acres, being above the canal, is not irrigable. The older trees are seedlings, but the greater part of his trees are budded, and vary in age from those planted in 1878 to trees planted a year ago. Mr. La Rue has engaged somewhat in raising nursery stock, from which he has made selections to stock his own orchards. His groves contain a fine class of trees with substantial bodies well pruned. He has just reason to be proud of his success. In 1888 his bearing trees produced a crop that brought over $300 per acre. The improvements on his place which constitutes his home are first-class, consisting of a substantial and well arranged two-story residence, commodious out-buildings, etc. He has added much to the comfort and beauty of his home by hedges, ornamental trees and floral productions. Mr. La Rue is not a...Read More
Among the noticeably fine residences in the Arlington district of Riverside, is that owned by George H. Dole. It is located upon his twenty-acre tract on the north side of Arlington Avenue, three miles south of Riverside. His two-story residence is of modern design and finish and is complete in its appointments. It is surrounded by well-ordered grounds abounding in ornamental trees, rich floral productions and beautiful lawns. Mr. Dole has sought Riverside as a desirable place of residence in which to rear his children and afford them the advantages of schools, churches, etc., while he devotes him-self to horticultural pursuits. His orange grove is ten acres in extent, and with the exception of about 100 trees, is planted with Washington Navels. They were planted in 1883 and at later dates. He also has ten acres of vineyard, producing a large yield of raisin grapes of the Muscat variety. His grove and vineyard were planted by W. R. Russell, the former owner, and are well known among the representative places of Riverside. The subject of this sketch was born in the Hawaiian Islands in 1842, and reared there. His father was the Rev. Daniel Dole, a native of Skowhegan, Maine, who early in life entered the ministry of the Congregational Church. He married Miss Emily Ballard, of the same State, and in 1841 entered the missionary service of this...Read More
- Alabama Genealogy
- Alaska Genealogy
- Arizona Genealogy
- Arkansas Genealogy
- California Genealogy
- Colorado Genealogy
- Connecticut Genealogy
- Delaware Genealogy
- Florida Genealogy
- Georgia Genealogy
- Hawaii Genealogy
- Idaho Genealogy
- Illinois Genealogy
- Indiana Genealogy
- Iowa Genealogy
- Kansas Genealogy
- Kentucky Genealogy
- Louisiana Genealogy
- Maine Genealogy
- Maryland Genealogy
- Massachusetts Genealogy
- Michigan Genealogy
- Minnesota Genealogy
- Mississippi Genealogy
- Missouri Genealogy
- Montana Genealogy
- Nebraska Genealogy
- Nevada Genealogy
- New Hampshire Genealogy
- New Jersey Genealogy
- New Mexico Genealogy
- New York Genealogy
- North Carolina Genealogy
- North Dakota Genealogy
- Ohio Genealogy
- Oklahoma Genealogy
- Oregon Genealogy
- Pennsylvania Genealogy
- Rhode Island Genealogy
- South Carolina Genealogy
- South Dakota Genealogy
- Tennessee Genealogy
- Texas Genealogy
- Utah Genealogy
- Vermont Genealogy
- Virginia Genealogy
- Washington Genealogy
- West Virginia Genealogy
- Wisconsin Genealogy
- Wyoming Genealogy
Free Genealogy Archives
- Virginia High School YearbooksFebruary 22, 2017The following collection of free high school yearbooks and annuals from the state of Virginia comes from the collection of the Library of Virginia. ...
- History and Genealogy of Blue Hill, MaineAugust 29, 2016From the record of the town’s annual meeting held “March 6, 1769”, we learn that it was “Voted that Joseph Wood, Jonathan ...
- 1776-1805 Dutchess County, New York Marriage RecordsAugust 11, 2016These marriage records were transcribed by Lester Card and compiled in 1949. Mr. Card’s introduction to this transcription reads: “These ...
- The Stillwater Messenger, 1861-1874April 27, 2016In the valedictory of A. J. Van Vorhes, written when he sold the Stillwater Messenger plant to Willard S. Whitmore, I find it stated that the first ...
- Yearbooks of the Bayport-Blue Point High School, 1945-2011April 20, 2016The Bayport-Blue Point Public Library has digitized 65 years of yearbooks from the Bayport-Blue Point High School. The books have been scanned and ...
- Monroe County, New York Cemetery RecordsApril 8, 2016The extensive online listings for Monroe County, New York cemetery records should provide researchers with a clear picture of what is still ...
- Calloway County Missouri High School YearbooksApril 6, 2016The Daniel Boone Regional Library has digitized almost 100 years of yearbooks from community schools. The books have been scanned and uploaded in ...
- Boone County Missouri High School YearbooksApril 6, 2016The Daniel Boone Regional Library has digitized almost 100 years of yearbooks from community schools. The books have been scanned and uploaded in ...
- A Genealogy of Isaac Elbert BrushSeptember 22, 2015Two publications of, one typescript, and one handwritten manuscript for the Brush genealogy entitled, A Concise Genealogy of Isaac Elbert Brush and ...
- Progressive Men of Western ColoradoJune 10, 2015This manuscript in it’s basic form is a volume of 948 biographies of prominent men and women, all leading citizens of Western Colorado. Western ...