Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
James Maxom, from Connecticut, came to Emore about the year 1800, and located upon the farm now owned by Samuel Scott. He died in the service of his country during the war of 1812, of disease. He married Sally Woods, they being the first couple married in the town. The only one of their three children now living in the town being Mrs. Samuel Scott, who was born on the old farm October 10. 1807.