In the tax-lists for 1760, ’61, and ’62, we find the name of John Alexander in the first; John Alexander, William McNee, and James Taggart, in the second; and the following in the third: John Alexander, William McNee, James Taggart, William Taggart, Henry Strongman, Samuel Twitchell, Levi Partridge, William Greenwood and Joseph Twitchell, Jr. From 1763 the population increased with considerable rapidity, new settlers coming in from Sherborn, Natick, Medfield, Holliston, Framingham, Temple, Amherst and -elsewhere. There is no means of ascertaining what the population was previous to 1773, except to approximate it from the tax list of 179′, when the following named were assessed
Samuel Ames, Jr.
A census of New Hampshire was taken in 1767, by the selectmen of each town and place; but Dublin then having no formal organization, no returns were made. In 1773 the town had a population of 255 souls, and in 1775 it had increased to 305.