1. CALEB4 CHASE, a brother of Samuel4 and Moses2 (Daniel3, Moses2, Aquilla1) was b. Nov. 29, 1722, in Newbury, \Mass. He In. April 1745, Sarah, dau. of David and Phebe Prince, b. April 28, 1727, d. Feb. 15, 1803. Mr. Chase d. Oct. 2. 808. The records of his descendants are more obscure than those of his brothers, Samuel and Moses. Some of its branches have been well preserved, but the greater part appear to be covered in the shades of the past. It has been supposed that he and his family came to town soon after his brothers came, and possibly lived and died here. Yet neither his, nor his wife’s, name appears on any tablet in the cemeteries of the town, and the proportion of the marked graves of this branch of Chases being less than that of his brothers, leads one to think that his large family largely scattered away from town. Children:
i. PHEBE, b. April 7, 1747; d. an infant.
ii. MARY, b. Sept. 2, 1748; m. Oct. 17. 1770, John Woodbury.
iii. NEHEMIAH, b. Feb. 28, 1751; m. Dec. 17, 1778, Vashti Batcheller. He d. Oct. 5, 1808.
iv. DAVID PRINCE, b. Jan. 15, 1753; m. first, Dec. 2, 1777, Sarah Greenwood. Shed. ; m. second -, Judith Brown.
2. v. CALEB, JR.. b. March 19, 1755.
3. vi. JOSEPH, b. March 13, 1757.
vii. SARAH, b. May 1, 1759; m. Dec. 12, 1781, Peter Dudley.
viii. JOHN, b. March 12, 1761; m. first, Feb. 8, 1795, Polly Drury; m. second, Sept. 29, 1799, Elizabeth Parker.
4. ix STEPHEN, b. April 26, 1763.
x. MOSES, b. Nov. 5,1765: m. Oct. 8, 1789, Betty Brown.
5. xi. DANIEL, b. Jan. 9, 1768.
6. xii. ISRAEL, b. March 21, 1770.
xiii. RACHEL, b. Oct. 1S, 1772; m. Nov. 6, 1791, David Dudley. She d. Aug. 24, 1799.