Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
George A. Greene, M. D. One of the most widely known physicians of Kansas is Dr. George A. Greene, of Wichita, proprietor of Greene’s Pathological Laboratory for cancer research. He is a physician of wide experience and learning, and has been in practice in Kansas for the last fifteen years.
Few men enter the medical profession with a better equipment than Doctor Greene. In his early career he was a teacher, later studied law, but never practiced it, and laid a very scholarly foundation to his work in the medical field. He was born in Jackson County, West Virginia. After leaving the public schools he entered Anthens College at Athens, West Virginia, where he completed the course, and followed this with another course in Barbersville College. For several years he taught in different parts of his native state, and then began the study of law. He was admitted to the bar in Kentucky. The knowledge of law has proved valuable to him in various ways, though he has never practiced it as a profession. He had realized in the meantime that his real inclination and natural talents were for medicine.
After coming to Kansas in 1902 he was in general practice for a time, but on moving to Wichita he concentrated all his efforts upon his specialty. In fact the purpose guiding him when he chose the medical profession was that he might assist in the solution of the cancer problem. To that end he has been studying and experimenting for many years. After coming to Wichita he established Green’s Pathological Laboratory for cancer research, an institution devoted to the non-surgical treatment of cancer. This is located at 1306 North Market Street. Few institutions of the kind have a better record as to results. Cancer patients from nearly every state in the Union have been treated there, and apart from individual cures Doctor Greene has contributed a large amount of knowledge to the problem connected with the cure and treatment of this malignant disease.
During his college career Doctor Greene perfected himself in Greek, Latin, German and French. On September 6, 1905, he married Miss Alma E. Taylor, who was born in Lane County, Kansas. They have one son, J. Orville.