Joseph and Elizabeth (Parsons) Allen Family
Ch. of (e) Joseph and Elizabeth (Parsons) Allen.
1. Joseph: b. 1735 at Northampton, Mass.; m., 1757, Sarah Lyman.
He removed to Pittsfield; was in the campaign under Montgomery
against Quebec in 1775 and had a commission of Assistant Lieut.
at the battle of Bennington. Sometime after the Revolution he
moved to Charlotte, Vt. 9 ch.
2. Jonathan: b. Dec. 15, 1737; had one son, Jonathan. See Chapter
(H) for his military career.
3. Thomas: b. 1743; m., 1768, Elizabeth, dau. of Rev. Jonathan
Lee, of Salisbury, Conn., a descendant of Gov. Bradford, of Plymouth
Colony; had 12 ch. For a short sketch of his life see
4. Moses: b. 1748. See Chapter (I).
5. Solomon: b. Feb. 16, 1751; m., Aug. 15, 1771, Beulah Clapp; had
7 ch. See Chapter (I).
6. Elisha: b. Nov. 12, 1752; m., Feb. 6, 1777, Merab Clapp; bapt.
Oct. 9, 1755; dau. of Jonathan and Submit (Strong) Clapp. He
d. Nov. 22, 1796. Served in the Revolutionary War. Reached
Bennington just after the battle and was assigned to have charge
of the prisoners. 5 ch.
7. Elijah: b. Dec. 1, 1754.