Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
F. P. Morrison, President of the First National Bank of Redlands, is a “native son of the Golden West,” being born in the city of San Francisco. His father, A. L. Morrison, came from Ohio in 1854, and was a successful businessman for many years.
The subject of this sketch came to Redlands in 1882. He had considerable money, and being pleased with the location, and believing that there was a bright future for the place, he bought forty acres of land and put out 300 orange trees the first year. The improvements he has since made on this place can be better appreciated by a visit than by any written description, how-ever elaborate. No one should visit Redlands without a drive around Mr. Morrison’s home, and no one will go away without remarking that it is the most beautiful place in the valley. His place is supplied with water from Redlands Company and also Bear Valley certificates. Mr. Morrison established the bank in 1886. The officers are: president, F. P. Morrison; cashier, J. W. Wilson; vice president, A. T. Park. The directors are Frank Hinckley, G. A. Cook, George A. Crafts, H. L. Drew and J. S. Ed-wards. Mr. Morrison is treasurer of the city council.