Charles Henry, son of Thomas Henry and Honora Frances (Donnelly) Sweeney, attended the St. Francis de Sales School at Geneva, New York. At the age of fourteen he began his active career, entering his father’s office, engaged in real estate and general insurance. He is now (1910) the head of the firm of T. H. Sweeney & Sons, the other members being his brothers, William Edward and Stephen Joseph Sweeney, and in addition to a general insurance business, they handle all kinds of real estate and make extensive loans. It is the oldest established real estate agency in eastern Ontario county, and it has been through them that the majority of the business and residential property has been disposed of during the past fifteen years. Charles H. Sweeney is a director in the Universal Loan and Saving Association and the Geneva Chamber of Commerce, secretary of the Vance Boiler Works, treasurer of the P. Jay Donnelly Works. He is a member of St. Stephen’s Roman Catholic Church; Knights of Columbus, in which he held the office of lecturer; charter member of Golden Seal Lodge, No. 1054, Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, in which he serves as trustee; member of Sagogmatha Club, of which he is a trustee; Geneva Automobile Club, and the Geneva Yacht Club.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Mr. Sweeney married, at Geneva, New York, October 23, 1907. Jane Winifred Quinn, born at Watkins. New York, daughter of Michael and Bridget (Gurnett) Quinn, the former of whom was engaged in the baggage transfer business. Child, Thomas Henry, born January 25, 1910.