An extensive listing of American military records found online for personal, genealogy and professional researchers, includes much free and searchable data. Because the military, being the archetype of bureaucratic organizations, has kept detailed records, these records are an invaluable source of information about servicemen and women and the families they may have left behind. Aside from the additional information to family stories, consider what these records represent in the history of the world.
Free Military Records Search
- Indian Wars 1614-1893
- Pequot Indian War, 1634-1638
- King Philip’s War Records, 1675-1676
- King William’s War, 1689-1697
- Seminole Indian Wars, 1717-1835-1842-1855-1858
- French and Indian War, 1754-1763
- Dunmore’s War, 1774
- Revolutionary War, 1775-1783
- Creek Indian Wars, 1811-1814-1842
- War of 1812, 1812-1814
- Blackhawk War, 1832
- Republic of Texas, 1835-1846
- US Mexican War, 1846-1848
- Sioux Indian Wars, 1854 – 1890
- Civil War Records, 1861-1865
- Spanish American War, 1898-1902
- World War I, 1914-1919
- 1930 Register of the commissioned and warrant officers of the United States Navy and Marine Corps
- World War II, 1935-1945 (US entered 1941)
- Korean Conflict, 1950-1953
- Vietnam War Casualty List, 1961-1969
- Military Cemeteries
Fold3 Military Documents
- Revolutionary War Pensions
- Revolutionary War Service Records
- Revolutionary War Rolls
- Revolutionary War Payment Vouchers
War of 1812
- War of 1812 Collection
- Civil War Soldier Service Records
World War 1
World War 2
- Missing Air Crew Reports, WWII
- WWII Army Enlistment Records
- WWII Draft Registration Cards
- WWII “Old Man’s Draft” Registration Cards
Title: Digest of papers relating to pensioners of the Revolutionary War; Washington, D.C.: Crampton and Scranton families (complete), Beers, Hicks, Ogden, and Twist or Twiss families (miscellaneous) Author: Baldwin, Evelyn Briggs Publication date: 1926 Publisher: Self...
Publication date: 1932 Publisher: Anker Printing Co. Digitizing sponsor: Boston Public Library Contributor: South Hadley Public Library Repository Archive.org...
The series contains original affidavits of registration that record personal information about each registrant, their photograph affixed to the majority of documents, and the registrants fingerprints. All of these are specific to Kansas, and most have the actual documents attached.
In addition to their importance as illustrations of American history, Mr. Sabine's handsome volumes have a significance at the present time well worth remarking. It is within the memory of every one -- a fact that comes out strongly in youthful reminiscence, mingled...
This database contains War Department casualties (Army and Army Air Force personnel) from World War II for Wyoming. Information provided includes serial number, rank and type of casualty. The birthplace or residence of the deceased is not indicated. An introduction explaining how the list was compiled, a statistical tabulation, and the descriptions of the types of casualties incurred are also included.