John Lessnich, proprietor of the Chicago House, erected in 1881 at a cost of $12,000, and newly furnished throughout-corner 4th and Jones Sts. was born in Prussia in 1826; came to America in 1854; removed to Chicago; from there to Sioux City in 1867, and built a hotel which burned in Feb., 1881. He has served as alderman, and also as township trustee.
Biographical Sketch of John Lessnich
MLA Source Citation:History of Western Iowa: Its Settlement and Growth. Sioux City: Western Publishing Company. 1882. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 11 February 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/iowa/biographical-sketch-of-john-lessnich.htm- Last updated on Aug 3rd, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History of Western Iowa.