Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
John, Plinney and Ira Wicker, three brothers, came into town at a later date, perhaps in 1814. They were all mechanics and farmers. They built the house where F. G. Converse now lives, and kept a hotel, taking their turn in the management of the house, working the farm and working at their trades. John was the father of Mrs. A. H. Rice. The widow of Ira resides in town, a lady past eighty years. Roswell Mosley was an early settler in town, first commencing on the farm where F. D. Williams now resides, and subsequently removing into the south part of the town on the farm now occupied by his son, Royal Mosley. Stephen Baldwin, from New Jersey, came to Bridport at an early date. His three sons, Martin, Stephen, jr., and Obadiah, served in the War of 1812. Two of the children of Stephen, jr., now reside here – Elizabeth and Abigail.