The pioneer printer of Seneca County was George Lewis, who, in the year 1815, started in the village of Ovid a small sheet entitled the Seneca Patriot. The office of publication was located on Seneca Street, in the upper story of a building on whose site the engine-house now stands. At the close of a
This history of Seneca County New York Press as transcribed from the History of Seneca Co., New York by Morrison in 1876. Provides a history of the printing industry in Seneca up until 1875.