The following data is extracted from Reminiscent History Of The Ozark Region, pub. Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, Chicago 1894.
ISAAC ADAMS. Among the prominent business men of Christian County, Missouri, stands the name of Isaac Adams, who is a practical, experienced man thoroughly conversant with merchandising in all its branches and a most reliable one with whom to enter into commercial relations. He was born in Letcher County, Kentucky, in 1850, the youngest in order of birth of five children born to George and Sarah (Frazier) Adams. He was but four years of age when he was brought by his parents to Taney, now Christian County, Missouri, but owing to the breaking out of the Civil War his educational advantages were limited. When about nineteen years of age he started out for himself as a farmer and when no older was married to Miss Sarah Garrison, a native of Christian County, Missouri, the daughter of William and Malinda Garrison, who came from Tennessee to what is now Christian County at an early date. Here both died since the war. Mr. Garrison was a farmer and followed that occupation for the most part during life, but he also followed the blacksmith's trade in connection with agricultural pursuits. He and wife were among the pioneers of Christian County. The fruits of our subject's union have been ten children: George, deceased; Jane; William; Mary Belle, wife of Robert Luthco; Emma, Margaret, Ella, Charley, Frederick and Alfred. After mar-riage Mr. Adams located in the eastern part of Christian County and there tilled the soil until January, 1893, when he located at Garrison Postoffice, where he has since been engaged in merchandising. He is doing a good business and has the confidence and respect of all who know or have dealings with him. He is also postmaster at that place. Mr. Adams still owns his fine farm, consisting of 201 acres, on which considerable lead has been found, and is a representative man of the county.
Source: Reminiscent History Of The Ozark Region, pub. Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, Chicago 1894