The following data is extracted from Descendants of Edmund Weston.
ELIPHAS (John, Edmund) was born 1702, resided in Duxbury and was a mariner. He married Priscilla Peterson, and was drowned with his son Joshua, March 15, 1762, in Duxbury Bay, in a severe snow storm. His wife died 1778. His children were:
- WARREN, b. 1740; d. 1799.
- EZRA, b. July 13, 1743 ; d. Oct. 11, 1824.
- DANIEL, born 1744. Was a mariner, lived in Duxbury, and was on a vessel in a snow storm on Honduras ledge, returning from the coast of Maine, Nov. 17, 1766. He was unmarried.
- ELIPHAS, b. 1745; d. 1785 ; d. 1785.
- ARUNAH, b. Feb. 4, 1746; d. Jan. 17, 1831
- JOSHUA, born 1748 and lived in Duxbury. Unmarried. He was lost with his father Eliphas' in a severe snow storm on the beach, March 18, 1762.
- TIMOTHY, b. 1749.
Source: Descendants of Edmund Weston