The following data is extracted from Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84.
Thomas Davis, a Connecticut sea captain, came to Wolcott at an early date, and purchased fifty-five acres of land on road 24, which is now owned by his grandson, Pardon Davis. A year or two after his settlement Mr. Davis erected a house of planks, the outside being lathed and plastered, the walls being decorated with pebble stones, arranged in fantastical figures in the plaster before it hardened. This house is still remembered by some of the inhabitants, because of its oddity. Mr. Davis also planted an orchard when he first came here, bringing the trees from Connecticut, some of which are still bearing fruit. He married Sarah Fay, and reared a family of six children, all of whom lived to have families of their own. His son, Taylor, was one of the founders of the Congregational church.
Source: Gazetteer of Lamoille County, Vermont, for 1883-84