Diller Genealogy - Page 49
The following data is extracted from The Diller Family, By JL Ringwalt.
John Luther, George Bryan Porter, Louisa Catharine, and Samuel. The children of Dr. Diller Luther, who married Amelia H. Spayd, of Reading, Pennsylvania, and had children named Emma and John Martin. The children of Peter Diller Luther, who married Elizabeth Mills, daughter of Thomas Mills, of Pottsville, and had children named Roland Cornelius, Thomas Mills, Walter Scott, and Henry Morris.
2. The children of Charles A. Diller, of Sterling, Illinois (who was the son of Samuel Diller), viz., Laura, now Mrs. Hugh L. John, Thomas, Samuel, Roland, and William. These children were all born in New Holland, except William, their father having removed from New Holland, in 1850, to Illinois, where William was born.
3. The grandchildren of Mrs. Mary Shirk, in the fifth generation, are as follows: Elizabeth Diller Shirk was married to Cornelius F. Roland, of New Holland, on October 22, 1846, and their issue are Charles Augustus (died in infancy), Horace, Henry Shirk, and Cornelia Elizabeth. Mary Ann Shirk was married to Luther Diller in 1842, and had six children. Her husband died about 1855. Three of her children, Henry, Abigail, and Enos, died in infancy. Three survive, Margaret, who married George Ream in 1869; William, now engaged in the commission and produce business in Philadelphia; and John Vogan, who manufactures saddles and harness in New Holland. Henry Shirk married Ann Dick, who died without issue. Diller married Rachel Wilson, but has no children. Roland married Clara Showers, and has children named Henrietta, Elizabeth Showers, and Frederick Showers. Lydia married Jacob R. Johns, and died January 19, 1867, leaving seven children, named Anson, Mary, Annie, Isaac, Alice, Christian, and Louisa. Five of them reside in Dauphin County. Where their father removed; Alice resides in Philadelphia, and Louisa in New Holland.
4. Anna E. Wilson, who married Dr. Moore, has a son named Roland Moore.
5. The grandchildren of Mrs. Peter Filbert, of Reading, are in the generation.
6. The grandchildren of Solomon Diller, of New Holland, are in the generation. Those now living (1877) are as follows: Elizabeth Grace, who married Levi B. Jones, has children named Annie, Harry Diller, Edward and Emeline Torbert. Levi A., who married Julia Barthon Davis, has children named Horace Eskine, Susan Davis and Annie Elizabeth. John Roland Diller, who married Susan Styer, has a son named Charles Styer. Sarah Emeline, who Her disease, one of the worst of a pneumonic character, though short, was exceedingly severe; yet it did not deter her from fixing her attention on that "house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." And as the last scene of her earthly existence approached, as well as throughout her whole sickness, she exhibited a marked instance of Christian patience and resignation, awakening in all who surrounded her dying bed the wish that their latter end might be like hers.
Source: The Diller Family, By JL Ringwalt