The following data is extracted from Stone Family History.
All of the works listed below will be found in the Library of Congress. Most of them will be found in the libraries of historical and genealogical societies. Some of them will be found in the libraries of all of the large American cities.
1. Americans of Royal Descent, 1891, Browning.
2. Appleton's Cyclopedia of American Biography.
3. British Family Names, Barber.
4. Burke's General Armory.
5. Burke's Landed Gentry.
6. Burke's Peerage and Baronetcy, 1925, 1926.
7. Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames, Bardsley.
8. Dictionary of National Biography, London, 1887.
9. Directories, City and Telephone.
10. English Surnames, Bardsley.
11. Heraldic Illustrations, 1853.
12. Miscellaneous Sources.
13. Officers of the Continental Army, 1775-1783, Heitman.
14. Patronymica Britannica, Lower.
15. Private Collections of Family Data.
16. Revolutionary Records of the Respective Colonies.
17. Surnames of the United Kingdom, Harrison.
18. U. S. Postal Guide.
19. Who's Who (British).
20. Who's Who in America, 1926-27.
21. Geneal. Stone Fam. Richard C. Stone, Providence, 1866.
22. John Stone, of Guilford, Conn. William L. Stone, Albany, 1888.
23. Desc. Gregory and Lydia Cooper Stone. Mrs. John Livingston Stone,
24. Eng. Anc. Simon and Gregory Stone. William E. Stone, Boston, 1897.
25. Book II Fam. John Stone and Desc. Russel. Truman Lewis Stone, 1639.
26. Simon and Joan (Clarke) Stone, of Watertown, Mass., and Desc. David
H. Brown, Boston, 1899.
27. Dea. Simon Stone, of Watertown, Mass., and Desc. David H. Brown,
28. Stone Fam. Ass'n., 1897-1901. Cat. Mem. and Desc. Agnes Wyman
Lincoln, Boston, 1901.
29. Oxford Desc. Gregory Stone, of Cambridge, Mass. George F. Stone,
Amherst, Mass., 1904.
30. Stone Fam. Josiah Paine. Yarmouthport, Mass., 1911.
31. Gregory Stone Geneal. Anc. and Desc. J. Gardner Bartlett, Boston, 1918.
Source: Stone Family History