Gorham, Frank Devore M. D.
The following data is extracted from Centennial History of Missouri.
Dr. Frank DeVore Gorham, practicing in St. Louis with offices in the Lister building, was born in Cloverdale, Indiana, August 2, 1888. Dr. Gorham was educated in the public schools of Cloverdale, Indiana, and in the University of Indiana, where he was graduated in 1910 with the degree of Bachelor of Arts. He thus laid broad and deep the foundation upon which to rear the superstructure of his professional knowledge. He prepared for the practice of medicine in Washington University of St. Louis and was graduated in 1912 with the M. D. degree. He later took postgraduate work in New York and in Germany. He began practice in 1916 as a specialist in internal medicine and has concentrated his efforts and attention upon this particular field since that date. He is now assistant in medicine in the Washington University Medical School and is visiting physician to St. Luke's and Bethesda Hospitals.
Dr. Gorham entered military service at Camp Bowie, Texas, and later was chief of medical service in Base Hospital, No. 84, located at Perigueux, Dordogne, France, ranking as captain. Following the signing of the armistice he returned to St. Louis where he resumed practice and has since been active in his chosen calling.
On the 22d of June, 1918, in St. Louis Dr. Gorham was married to Miss Lillian Hawley of Lebanon, Missouri. Fraternally he is a Mason, and he also belongs to the Sigma Alpha Epsilon, a national literary society, to the Phi Beta Pi, a medical fraternity, to the St. Louis Medical Society and the American Medical Association. He is also a member of the University Club and his personal qualities and salient characteristics make for popularity in the different organizations with which he is identified.
Source: Centennial History of Missouri