The following data is extracted from The Descendants of Rufus Edwards and Ruth (Huestis) Edwards.
Adonijah3Edwards, Son of Daniel Edwards, Jr., and Hannah his wife, of Coventry, Conn.; b. August 28, 1742, at Coventry; in. February 28, 1765, at Coventry, Mary—called Polly—Searle or Searls, whose parents, Elisha and Mary (Acley or Acly) Searle, were married June 5, 1740, at Coventry; Mary (Acly) Searle d. December 18, 1767, in her 50th year, and is buried there.
Children (7) of Elisha and Mary (Acly) Searle
1. Abigail Searle, b. June 15, 1741.
2. Mary Searle, b. July 28, 1744; m. Adonijah Edwards.
3. Elisha Searle, h. December 29, 1746 ; d. Sept. 26, 1749.
4. Marthew Searle (a daughter) b. April 2, 1750.
5. Phebe Searle, b. September 17, 1752.
6. Elisha Searle, b. July 12, 1754.
7. Lydia Searle, b. January 13, 1757, at Mansfield, Conn.
Adonijah Edwards served as a private with Stark’s Green Mountain Boys at the Battle of Bennington, in the Revolutionary War. Their two children, Rodolphus and Ralph, were born at Coventry; the others were probably born at Haddam, Conn. He d. in 1831 at Cleveland, Ohio, and is buried there.
1. Rodolphus Edwards, b. January 26, 1766; m. , Anna Merrils; their son Rodolphus II m. Sophia Musson.
2. Ralph Edwards, b. May 27, 1768.
3. Rufus Edwards, b.
4. Elisha Edwards, b.
5. Adonijah Edwards II, b. —, m. Abigail Dodge.
6. Ariel Edwards, b. September 7, 1781, at Haddam.
7. Lavina Edwards, b.
8. Mary Edwards, b.
9. Lois Edwards, b.
a. From “Coventry Church and Town Records,” copied and coin-piled by Susan Whitney Dimock (1897).
Source: The Descendants of Rufus Edwards and Ruth (Huestis) Edwards