Snead Davis of North Carolina
The following data is extracted from Davis Family History.
Z148 SNEAD DAVIS: b. Aug., 1751; mems. of this branch settled in N. C.,
S. C., Pa. and Va. prior to the Revolution. Snead served in the N. C. line in the Revolution; engaged in many battles and was twice wounded. His brother, Nicholas also served with distinction. Snead m. to Ky. after the war; d. 1838. His son
Z149 MACUN DAVIS: b. in N. C.; m. Matilda Greenwell in Ky.; m. to Tenn. where he d. at the age of 95 yrs. His son
Z150 MACLIN DAVIS: b. 1826; served in Confederate Army; d. 1910. He had
Z151 MACLIN DAVIS: b. Sept., 1852, in Tenn.; m. Christina Shaffner in 1872.
(1) Edwin L.: b. Feb., 1876.
(2) Norman H.: b. Aug., 1878; descendant of John Morton, signer of the Declaration of Independence and mem. of Continental Congress; Norman grad. Vanderbilt University, 1897—98; Stanford, 1899—1900; D.C. L. Un. of South, 1921; m. Mackie Paschall in 1898. (See chapter J).
(3) Paul MacL.: b. June, 1882.
(4) Auda L.: b. April, 1884; d. 1889.
(5) Thurman J.: b. Nov., 1890.
(6) Christine: b. June, 1893.
(7) Lamont: b. June. 1893.
Source: Davis Family History