Mitchell, Margaret and David: Third Generation - Page 24
The following data is extracted from David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy.
One child: 436 Harry K.
143. Mitchell-French, Anna J. (26), Oleander, Cal.;. b. September 21, 1845. m. April 14, 1800, Rev. William H. French, D.D., of the United Presbyterian Church. He has served in the moderator's chair of the U. P. Synod of Ohio, the Second Synod, the Synod of California, arid the General Assembly. He has held important pastorates in Iberia and Cincinnati, O., Rushville, Ind., and Easton, Cal. Republican and Prohibitionist.
Children:-437 Edwin M.; 438 Lizzie May.
144. Mitchell, William McFarland (26), Big Sandy, Tenn.; b. Oct. 20, 1851. m. Feb. 1'7, 1881, Ella Belle, dau. of Rev. William Q. Shannon. They have kept their residence in Cedarville, O., since marriage, till 1905, when they moved to Xenia.
United Presbyterian; Republican; Mr. Mitchell is engaged as lumberman in Tennessee.
Children:-439 Bertha M.; 440 Clara B.; 441 Jennie M.; 442 Edna F.; 443 Mabel R.; 444 Fred. E.
145. Hamill, Robert (27), was a physician and lived in Chicago. m. Eliza Davidson.
146. Hamill, John (27), was a dentist, residence unknown.
147. Hamill, James (27), married -Margaret Monzinge and moved to Page Co., Iowa. Lived at College Springs. Farmer; United Presbyterian; Republican.
One daughter known: 445 Jeanette DI.
148. Hamill-Bigger, Eveline (27). They lived on farm in Sugar Creek tp., Greene Co., O.
149. Hamill, Joseph (27) ; married Leah Creighton, of. Xenia. (There were also a Margaret, Julia, Sarah and Eliza (27). The last named was married to a Mr. Bigger.)
150. Collier-Sterritt, Caroline (28) ; m. Pugh Sterritt.
151. Collier-Jobe, Margaret (28) ; m. Daniel Jobe.
152. Collier-Linkhart, Clarissa (28) ; m. Joseph Linkhart. (There were also, James, David, Ruth, Ira, and Theodore (28) ; record unknown, although letters addressed to Ruth, Yellow Springs, O., have not been returned "uncalled for.")
153. Moreland, David Mitchell (31), Clearfield, Iowa; b. July 7, 1821. m. April 17, 1848, Sarah, dau. of Robert and Elizabeth Bicket Hamill. Resided in Ohio, Illinois, and for
Source: David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy