Mitchell, Margaret and David: Third Generation - Page 9
The following data is extracted from David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy.
Thomas and Sarah Nichol. Resided in various counties of Iowa till 1882, when they moved to Nebraska. Most of their lives has been spent on farms, and their residence is now on one. In partnership with his son, Thomas M., Mr. Nichol is carrying on a fine stock business. United Presbyterian; Republican. Mr. Nichol served in the 39tH Iowa in the Civil War from Sept., 1862, till Sept., 1863. He served one term in the legislature of Iowa, and two terms as representative in Nebraska. He is an elder in the church.
Children:-341 Mary L.; 342 Sarah A.; 343 Martha O.; 344 Thomas M.; 345 Margaret F.; 346 Kate G.; 347 Esther; 348 John E.; 349 Edith H.
91. Winter, Chapel Lynn (16) ; b. in Greene Co., O., March 30, 1822. m. April 17, 1845, Martha Helena, dau. of William and Sarah Wright. Farmers; United Presbyterians; Republicans. He served as corporal, Co. F, 154th O. V. L, during Civil War. Died May 20, 1870.
Children:-350 Wylie; 351 Algernon; 352 Mamie A.; 353 Christina; 354 Chapel L.; 355 J. Agnew.
92. Winter, James Mitchell (16) ; b. about 1823. m. Anna Gibney. One son, James C. Not living.
93. Winter, Martha (16) ; b. Jan. 16, 1825 ; not living.
94. Winter-Wright, Mary (16) ; b. Jan. 16, 1825 ; died June 10, 1876. m. Feb. 22, 1844, Nathaniel B. Wright. Seceder and Reformed Presbyterian; Republican.
Children:-809 John N.; 809a William C.
95. Winter, Joseph Carson (16), Abia, Ia.; b. about 1827. m. Mille Bryan. Cooperage; United Presbyterian; Republican. One child.
96. Winter, Isaac Newton (1G), Dayton, O.; b. about 1831. m. Wary Thomas. Baptist ; merchant tailor; Republican. Two children, deceased.
97. Winter, Samuel Wilson (1G), 942, N. Ave., Rockford, Ill.; Republican. Had one child. b. Feb. 27,.1832, in Greene Co., O. ; m. Mary E. Simpson, Jan. 12, 1859. She died Aug. 30, 1866. Married Nov. 28, 1867, Hettie E. Burns, who died July 12, 1878. Married January 1, 1880, Mrs. Maria C. Paul.
Farmer; blacksmith; merchant; Republican; United Presbyterian. Has served as elder at Ottawa, Kas. Since 1868, he has resided in Kansas and Illinois.
Source: David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy