Mitchell, Margaret and David: Fourth Generation - Page 11
The following data is extracted from David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy.
Jepson, at Wheeling, W. Va. Antioch College, 1888-92: Williams, Williamstown, Mass., 1893-9 r, graduating A. B. Admitted to the Ohio bar, in 1900 ; graduated from the N. Y. City Law School and admitted to the New York bar in 1903. Lawyer; Episcopalian. Mr. Knox served in the 1st O. V. C. during the Spanish-American war.
297. Espy, David Bruce ( r 5) ; b. 1841. Served during the Civil War in Co. F, 11th Iowa Inf. Died three years afterward from wounds received in battle.
297a. Espy, Andrew Heron ('75) ; b. 1843 ; died 1849.
298. Espy-McChesney, Martha Ann ('75), Middletown, Iowa; b. 1845. m. Nov. 1'7, 186'7, John P. McChesney.
Children:-634W. Bruce; and others.
299. Espy, James Francis ('75) ; b. 1846 ; died 1819.
300. Espy-Allen, Mary Margaret ('75), Danville, Iowa; b. 1848. m. 1871, Ephraim Allen, who died, 1888.
301. Espy, John B. ('75), Winfield, Iowa. m. June, 1898
Eva Chamberlain. Carpenter.
302. Espy-Godfrey, Sarah E. ('75), Washington, Iowa, m. Samuel Godfrey.
303. Espy-Dodds, Mary Adaline ('Y5), Washington, Iowa m. 1898, L. Dodds.
304. Espy, Josiah Brown (76), 26 Park Place; Springfield, O. ; b. March 20, 1846. m. March 3, 1875, Lida D., dau. of John L. and Annie E. Cisco, Xenia, O. Has lived in Illinois and Colorado. Vas in the Union Army during the Civil War. Commercial traveler; Presbyterian; Republican.
305. Espy, David ('76) ; b. June 16, 1848 ; died, unm.
306. Espy, James Walter (06), 2941 Welton st., Denver, Col.; b. Oct. 12; 1859. m. May 19, 1881, Laura G., dau. of George W. P. and Katherine S. Green. Lived in Denver for past twenty years; before that in Ohio and Illinois. Deliveryman ; Congregationalist; Republican.
Children:-635 Visas.; 636 J. Reimer; 63'7, Lela.
307. Espy-Duncan, Martha Louesa (80), Winslow, Ark.; b. Sept. 8, 1855. m. April 10, 18 '3, Samuel Kennedy, son of James K. and Sarah (Dunlap) Duncan, who died Nov. 29, 1894. Moved from Crawford Co., Ill., to Arkansas in 1904. Home making and a primary teacher for years; New Church; formerly United Presbyterian; Republican, now Socialist,
Children:--638 Gilbert N.; 639 Lillian N. 640 Lester A.; 641 Bessie A.
Source: David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy