Theophilus Potter came from Bakersfield, in 1815, and located in the western part, where he followed the carpenter and joiner trade. Six of his twelve children are now living.
Solomon Manchester, from Barnet, Vt., came to Waterville in 1839, and located in the southern part of the town, on road 16. He has had a family of six children, three of whom now reside in the town.
Amos Page, from Massachusetts, was an early settler in Waterville. He located in the eastern part, where he died in 1840, aged eighty-four years. His family consisted of four sons, one of whom, Aaron D., settled in Waterville. Several of Amos’s descendants now reside in the town.
Jacob Locke, from New Hampshire, settled in the central part of the town in 1808, where he remained until his death, in 1854. He reared a family of ten children, two of whom settled in the town. Thomas J., his third child, born in 1808, is now among the oldest inhabitants of the town.
James Cheney, from Hanover, N. H., located in the northern part of this town at an early date, where he resided until his death, in 1810. He reared a family of seven children, three of whom remained in the town.
Dexter Parker came to Stowe from Pelham, Mass., at an early day, and remained here until his death, which occurred on the farm now occupied by his grandson, Charles B., with his mother and sister. Dexter A. L. Parker, son of Dexter, born in Stowe, died here in 1871, aged fifty-two years.
Daniel Moody, a native of Maine, came to Stowe in 1800, and located upon the farm now owned by his son, Gilman. He died here February 8, 1878, aged seventy-eight years.
Luther Bingham located in the western part of the town in 1802. He became a prominent man, amassed a large fortune, and represented the town many years in the legislature.
Spencer S. Moody, born in Tunbridge, removed from there to Craftsbury, thence to Wolcott, and finally came to this town, in February, 1881, to reside with his son, Alson S., on road 69.
Jedediah Bingham, from New Hampshire, came here in 1811, and settled on road 75, upon the farm now owned by H. B. Sturgis. He died February z8, 1870. Four of his children are now living, though he had but one son, Charles E., who resides on road 36.