Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
The Trail of Tears Roll is the name given by researchers to two different lists, both individually important, which provide an early glimpse into the Cherokees who went west in the early 1830’s. Lending to the confusion is the fact that both lists were created in 1835.
- 25th Congress, 3rd Session Senate Report
- Office Indian Affairs, July 25, 1835
- New Echota, Georgia, May 13, 1837
- Commissioners Office, New Echota, May 29, 1837
- Athens, Tennessee, June 6, 1837
- Letter of Samuel H. Gordon
- Office Of Planters Bank, Tenn. Athens, June 6, 1837
- Commissioner of Indian Affairs dated July 3, 1837
- New Echota, Georgia, September 27, 1837
- Trail of Tears Evaluation Roll
- 1835 Henderson Roll