William P. Johnson was born in Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa, April 25, 1855, in which State he was reared and educated. He left college in 1873 and immediately began the study of medicine under Dr. H. B. Miller, and read with him as preceptor until the spring of 1881 when he went to Orlinda, Linn County, Missouri, and there began the practice. In October, 1881, he came to Daviess County and located at Jackson Station, where for a young gentleman, lie is getting a good practice. Dr. Johnson is a man of high ambition, which he has the force of character to realize. Energetic sober, reliable and studious he is one stamped by nature with all the characteristics of success, which will doubtless follow him through life.